Here is a real life scenario in the world of PLSS. Here are the facts:
1. You are retracing the line between Sections 18 and 13.
2. The original survey from 1888 shows lotting but it is for the shortage in departure.
3. The original notes say either side of the section, north and south, ready 40's and 80's
4. There is a W.C. at the corner of Sections 13,18,19 and 24. It is 5 chains south of the section corner (on line) because of a wash
5. Your retracement doesn't find the WC. you find the section corner south and the next section corner north.
How do you re-establish the corner of Sections 13,18,19, and 24?
Hint - only deal with the knowns given. Don't bog yourself down with questions not mentioned above.....
I am hoping we can talk about this..