Friday, January 4, 2013

AHHHHH 2013

Well by all appearances it is clear we survived the end of the world on 12-21-2012.  Or did we?  Maybe the Maya were referring to the surveying profession as we know it.  Anyone whom has survived this economy thus far is truly busting the hump getting the bills paid; or is a government employee. 

On another note... I received an email from the Arizona Board of Technical Registration.  It's purpose was to ask for my participation in a survey.  The survey was about Continuing Education.  This topic has been my drum beat for 3 going on 4 years now and I couldn't be more pleased.  I will hit this hard later.

I have been elected as Chairman of APLS and to my dismay I indirectly received an email from a RLS member who is not happy with where APLS is going and has chosen to not participate any longer.  This is truly a shame.  Not because we will mourn the loss of dues but because he gave up the only weapon he had; the privilege to participate. I am not sure I recognize the rational but none the less the choice is his.  Via con Dios.  APLS must start to take a stand on issues and become somewhat controversial.  I am sure we lose some in the end but I am optimistic that we will gain more as we go.  I have seen this before.

APLS is having a general membership meeting on the 19th of January.  The meeting info is on the APLS website on the calender.  If you don't have plans come by I'd like to see you. 

So typically the holiday day season causes our practice up here to grind to a slow crawl. To be honest I am not surprised nor disappointed.  To be honest; If I could fix it to where I work down south in the winter and up here in the summer that would be awesome.  However Murphy's Law dictates the inverse to be true. 

Therefore my focus now is the year end paper work and tax preparation.  I always enjoy this.  In fact while preparing the paperwork for my tax lady I have "Ode to Joy" playing in the office.  Nothing pleases me more than "rendering unto Caesar".

Sorry boys and girls I will have more next time.....

Viva La SALSA.. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree with most of our comrade's rants in his resignation letter. SALSA was intended to be the resignation of the chapter...We'll see how it goes...

    ReplyDelete